My toddler daughter only eats 3 things; Chocolates, bananas and peanut butter so I always try my best to infuse at least 2 of those things into her meals. Cause even picky eaters gotta eat right?
There are so many banana bread recipes online, but when i stumbled on this nutella recipe, it was like BINGO! I used an entire jar of nutella, folded and moulded it into the bread and I have to say, this is by far the best bread I have ever eaten.
NUTELLA BANANA BREAD RECIPE
- ½ cup (1stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for flouring the pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut nutella spread
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook butter, scraping the bottom and sides of the pan with a rubber spatula until it turns a deep golden brown and smells nutty. Transfer butter to a large heat resistant mixing bowl and let it cool slightly.
- When the butter has cooled, add the mashed bananas, sugar, yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined, then add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Spread 1/4 of the bread batter evenly into the bottom of the pan, Dollop 1/4 cup of Nutella over the batter in the pan and make a thick swirl through the batter with a table knife. Place 1/3 of the remaining batter evenly over the first layer; add another 1/4 cup of the remaining Nutella. Place 1/2 of the remaining batter evenly over the second layer and swirl with 1/4 cup of reaming Nutella. Spread the remaining batter evenly over the top and dollop with the remaining 1/4 cup Nutella and then make large swirls throughout the entire loaf.
- Then bake the bread for 55 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Protip: Serve freshly baked, while still a little warm and enjoy with some ice cream or greek yoghurt... Simply divine